Saturday, February 23, 2008

Zucchini and Fresh Herb Fritters







Last night Zack and I made zucchini fritters and lentils. I got the fritter recipe from my
lovely "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone" by Deborah Madison

Ingredients

salt and pepper
2 lbs green zucchini (we used yellow squash, too), coarsely grated
2 eggs, beaten
1 bunch scallions (we didn't have scallions so we used some onion)
1 cup dried bread crumbs
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup parsley (we didn't have parsley)
1 tbl chopped basil (fresh from my basil plant!)
1 tsp chopped mint (also fresh lemon-mint from my mint plant)
olive oil as needed

Basically you mix everything together and drop batter, about 1/4 of
a cup, into the hot-olive oil-coated frying pan and wait till they are
browned on each side. Serve hot. They're delicious.

No comments: