Monday, May 5, 2008

Chickpea Patties & Mushroom Gravy

Last night I made chickpea patties. They were made up of one can of mashed chick peas, whole wheat flour, bread crumbs, thyme, shredded carrots, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper. For the gravy I boiled dried porcini and straw mushrooms for about five minutes then took them out. Then I added cornstarch, salt and pepper and let thicken. Zack made the made the mashed potatoes. And for the frozen vegetables? Well, I hate them, but I always keep some on hand for when we run out of fresh vegetables (like last night).



As for dessert, we cheated. We made No Pudge brownies for the first time (www.nopudge.com). They are really good, fat free, and super easy to make...all you do is add yogurt. I added the remaining yogurt on top with walnuts and my daily dose of flax seeds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The food looks alright but, It's a pitty you cant afford decent dishes.